[IPp] help needed please!

My daughter has had diabetes since March 2002.  I am trying to convince
her father to support me in the decision to get Jessica pumping (her
father and I are divorced).  Jessica really wants to do it and I would
like for her to do it also.  The problem is, her endo says he doesnt
want Jessica to start pumping until after she is out of her honeymoon
period.  So my ex says that the endo knows what he is talking about,
that we need to wait until we get the go ahead from him.    I've read
alot from this list about changing endos, but ours IS pro-pump ~ just
not in the honeymoon period.

What would this list recommend that I can do to get my ex see the
benefits of pumping?  We met with a rep from Animas today, so he knows
what's involved.  Jessica really really wants to start pumping.  Can
anyone direct me to places that may state that pumping lowers A1c's,
prolongs the honeymoon, etc.  Jessica's A1c was 11.1 at diagnosis and 3
weeks ago it was 8.6.  She is on approximately 21 units of insulin per
day.  My ex is very bullheaded and I need my ammo to convince him ~ he
is very very controlling.  No, I dont listen to him!  But I like to have
the support of him before I do something like this.  I will do it with
or without his support, and fight the doctor on this one.

Any information that you can recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance and happy holidays to you all!

mom to Jessica (9) dx'd 3/11/02 and Jimmy