Re: [IPp] Novolog problems?

In a message dated 12/13/2002 1:11:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Has anyone ever switched to novolog and found they did worse than when
> they were on Humalog?

:::waving:::: Yep!  We just switched a couple of weeks ago.  I think someone
said it's like starting all over again.  Our endo said that Novalog has a
longer duration (4 hrs. as opposed to Humalog's 3 hrs.).  And others have
said that they have noticed they need less of Novalog than Humalog.  Since
it's only been a couple of weeks, I'm just sharting & tweaking with my endo
team, and slowly fine-tuning it.  I'm not necessarily wedded to it, because
either way (N or H) he is on the pump!  If N doesn't yield the same results
as H, I will switch back.  Each child will be different, and so it was good
to try, "just in case."

Marie  :)
Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98
Dx'd 3/01