[IPp] Re: Static and the pump

So far there haven't been any reports (before you) about static and the
Paradigm. Perhaps it was the type of motor that the 508 had (has) which
caused the problem, because if it was due to any other cause they
probably could have solved the static problem. The Paradigm has a
different type of motor.

My response:  We have a Paradigm and did have problems with static.  My
daughter was out playing in the leaves and when she came in for a snack
noticed her pump wasn't working.  We called Minimed and the guy asked
"was she by any chance playing on a plastic slide?"  She was.  He said
plastic slides can cause lots of static which will affect the pump.  We
just put in a new battery and started over.