Re: [IPp] Re: STATIC AND THE PUMP

In a message dated 12/9/2002 4:09:19 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .iT JUST STOPPED WORKING SO WE CALLED THE TECH
> SUPPORT AND THEY SENT US ANOTHER PUMP THE NEXT DAY  THE TECH INDICATED TO
> US
> THAT STATIC ELECTRICITY MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE MALFUNTION.hE
> ALSO
> SAID SHE SHOULD ONLY USE HER LEATHER CASE AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR AND
> STATIC
> GUARD dRYER SHEETS SHOULD BE USED FOR ALL OF HER LAUNDRY

I knew that static caused real problems in some cases with Minimed's 508
pumps, but I thought that they'd addressed this problem with the Paradigm
(apparently not, based on the above post).  I know static electricity has the
potential to zap any piece of electronic equipment, but as far as I can
recall Minimed pumps are the only ones where I've heard of it actually
causing a problem.  It's too bad that they haven't able to resolve the MM
pumps extra sensitivity to static . . . After sacrificing insulin cartridge
capacity in order to make the Paradigm smaller, it's too bad if users then
have to wear it in a leather case that would largely bulk it back up . . .

Lyndy
Pumpmama to Katie (12) happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis" since
6-1-01