In a message dated 12/11/2002 5:10:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> If this is a recurring problem why doesnt anyone tell us that>>

When I was deciding which pump to purchase, I read everything written on
Insulin Pumpers mail for 3 months, and everything else I could find.  Over
this time period, January-March 2001, there were very large numbers of people
reporting their MM 508 malfunctioning due to static.  The solution was often
to remove the batteries for 12 or more hours.  This was completely
unacceptable to me and I decided on the H-tron two pump system. Our Endo was
also on the verge of telling patients to not purchase the MM, due to the
extreme problems with static.

        However, our local MM sales rep categorically denied that there were
any problems with static and their pump.  I'm not pump-bashing.  Because I
think that all of us parents would agree that ANY pump is a great pump to
have, as long as it is working!

       So far there haven't been any reports (before you) about static and
the Paradigm.  Perhaps it was the type of motor that the 508 had (has) which
caused the problem, because if it was due to any other cause they probably
could have solved the static problem.  The Paradigm has a different type of

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8