[IPp] Our worst visit ever

Rachel and I went to the endo yesterday and it was the worst visit we'd ever
had.  I went, hopeful that we could come home with Rx's for a Gluco-watch and
the new Deltec pump.  Instead her A1c came back at 9.2 and our endo was
really upset with us.  He told us that Rachel was neither ready, nor
responsible enough for anything new.  It was so disheartening.  We've been
struggling so much lately with life in general and we've grown so weary in
dealing with diabetes.  But this was so hard.  I came home in tears.  In
fact, I was just wailing.  Rachel has really been having a hard time doing
her minimum # of bg tests daily and she's not been absolutely faithful in
taking her Synthroid daily either.  I try to remind her, but the 15 year old
in her must just shrug me off sometimes.  It's been difficult for both of us
and although I knew her A1c would be high, I wasn't expecting this.  I feel
so defeated.  It's really tough to keep all the balls in the air at the same
time here.  Today Rachel has been very good about doing her tests nearly
every 2 hours.  Her attitude has been great.  We don't go back to the endo
until April and I'm really hoping that we can have an A1c in the 7's next
time.  I'm still upset about the Gluco-watch thing though.  I know he thought
we wanted to use it as a substitute for doing bg testing during the day and
that's NOT at all why I want it.  I think I may go to her family doctor and
see if I can't get a Rx from her.  I really think it would be so helpful in
seeing trends in her #'s.  Especially with the Celiac now.  And also in the
middle of the night.  It's so hard for either of us to get up and do checks
every 2 hours at night.  He said that he wanted those numbers by the end of
the week.  I have 5 other kids and I homeschool.  We are trying to sell our
house and buy a larger one, and my husband's business is not doing well at
all right now.  I just feel like the weight of the world and then some is on
my shoulders.  My parents are great and have been very supportive, but no one
else is here for the day-in day-out drudgery of it all.  Thanks for letting
me blow off steam here.  It was a terrible day yesterday.
Much love,