[IPp] RE: STATIC & THE PUMP

<<<mY DAUGHTER HAS HAD DIABETES FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS AND HAS BEEN PUMPING SINCE
aPRIL WITH THE MINI MED PARADIGM EVERYTHING IS MUCH BETTER .wE HAD A PROBLEM
WITH HER PUMP LAST WEEK .iT JUST STOPPED WORKING SO WE CALLED THE TECH
SUPPORT AND THEY SENT US ANOTHER PUMP THE NEXT DAY  THE TECH INDICATED TO US
THAT STATIC ELECTRICITY MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE MALFUNTION.hE ALSO
SAID SHE SHOULD ONLY USE HER LEATHER CASE AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR AND STATIC
GUARD dRYER SHEETS SHOULD BE USED FOR ALL OF HER LAUNDRY >>>>>

Hello, my son has had diabetes for 3 years, has been pumping since March 2001
with a MM508 pump.  We had 1 static alarm, and since have put a used dryer
sheet into his pump case.  We change that little sheet every time we change the
reservoir (about 1/week) which is easy since we do about 15 loads of laundry a
week in our house.  Anyway, this has solved the static problems for us in
winter (knock on wood) through 2 winters.  We live in Austin, TX and it's very
dry right now - I get shocked every time I step out of my car from my feet on
the carpet in the car.

I thought that MiniMed had fixed that static issue on the Paradigm.  I guess
that's one more reason for us to stay with what we know works.   Anyway, good
luck in your pumping!