[IPp] DKA & heparin

I talked to my professor at school today about why they would give heparin if
the diabetic is in DKA.  She said that I was right, it's because the Hct is
high with the BG attaching itself to the RBC's and the blood becoming thick.
The heparin is to thin it out.  Plus, sometimes they put heparin in the IV bag
if the person is getting insulin IV because it prevents the insulin from
sticking to the tubing.
Hope this answers the question and is clear.