Re: [IPp] re: hospital-ketones

My instructor at school said that they've found saline flush to be just as
effective as flushing with heparin so it is now standard to flush the leur
locks with saline.  Why they would give heparin - I don't know.  One thought
is that BG binds to the red blood cells possibly making for thicker blood?
I'll try to remember to ask one of my professors tomorrow and let you know.