[IPp] Re: Lantus

>>There's some discussion of Lantus possibly interfering with growth hormones
in pre-adolescents. Thus, Ultralente might still be used there. And some
prefer NPH so that they don't have to take a noon shot.

Hi Neil,

I haven't heard or read anything about Lantus interfering with growth
hormones.  Do you have some resources that I could check out?

When you say some prefer NPH so they don't have to take a noon shot,
do you mean because it peaks at that time so that rapid insulin isn't
required?  How would you know how many carbs you could eat to match
the peak?  Wouldn't that be a drag only being able to eat a certain
amount at lunch and hoping to match the peak?

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping since 6/99