Re: [IPp] Insurance and Diabetes

In a message dated 8/28/2003 11:29:49 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
"Consumers, healthcare professionals and diabetes associates are reaching out
to the President, Governors, Members of Congress, and US Senators and state
elected officials because some states are trying to pass laws that would
insurance plans to refuse coverage for diabetes supplies.  Some states are
even considering eliminating coverage of diabetes supplies for the entire
Medicaid population due to budgetary constraints."   The American Diabetes
Association has set up an advocacy page on their web site: <A
  Log onto this site to learn more about Federal and State Legislation, find
your elected officials, and easily send them a message.

This is not just for Medicaid, all insurance's are trying to do this. I can't
believe it. Well, I am standing up, and writing to my Governors, Members of
Congress, and US Senators and state elected officials. Please do the same.

Federal Legislation
H.R. 660, which would allow insurance policies to refuse diabetes coverage,
has passed the House. Its companion bill, S. 545, is in Senate. Your help is
needed more than ever
Gina, Mom of Justin, 3 years old, and pumpless if this passes.