[IPp] COZMO PUMP WARNING!!!!!

I just want to let everyone know how bad the Cozmo is doing for us. I am
calling my insurance company tomorrow to see if we can go w/ another
company. This is going to be our 4TH pump in less than 6 months!!!!! We went
to VA Beach this weekend and Friday Brittany went in the water. Saturday,
there was water and steam in the face. Of course I cannot get through to
anyone on the 800# because its not their "business" hours. We wait and go to
the beach. Then the alarm went off and the buttons wouldn't work. We changed
the battery and went into the hotel to call. Finally get through to someone
and I"m told because its SATURDAY...THEY CANNOT GET ME A PUMP UNTIL TUESDAY
SOMETIME....so then the pump just shut down. NOTHING --- GONE --- DEAD.
Luckily, there was a pharmacy opened and it wasn't too late to go anywhere.
Call the doctor for orders and he has me buy NPH (didn't know you can buy
w/o prescription) So mad b/c he won't call it in and I have to pay over $40
bucks for this. Plus he tells me to take her basal rate devide by half BUT
SINCE MY PUMP IS DEAD HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER THIS????????? I
rounded down to what I was changing the rates to (which were right; I could
have given her a little more)I didn't think to bring my whole kitchen of
diabetes supplies; one would think that was the "convienence" of the pump.

You would think that Deltec would have extra pumps in the hospitals in case
something like this would happen you can could go to the local hospital to
get it on "loan" until your pump comes in. I realize other companies, the
rep have extras they can loan you, but not Deltec. Heck my rep is in NC and
I live more towards WV and PA. I am so upset, Corporate is supposed to call
me tomorrow.

Thanks --- just wanted to vent and Warn pumpers take extra supplies to the
beach the COZMO IS NOT waterproof!!!!!! Like I said it happened to the two
others we had.

Vikki mom to
Brittany w/D 5, Thomas 8, Matthew just turned 13 on 8/23/03