Re: [IPp] bubbles

Never heard of it.  Please keep me informed!

>From: Nicole Thompson >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To: email @ redacted>Subject: Re: [IPp] bubbles
>Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:01:03 -0700 (PDT) > >Insulin Pumpers is made
possible by your tax deductible contributions. >Your donation of $10,
$25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so that Insulin
Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest >of the diabetes
community. Please visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
> >Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail
> > Speaking of the reservoir. At a conference I was at a few months
back, it was >said that some of the pump companies were creating
reservoirs that are >pre-filled with insulin. I know Minimed was one of
them. Does anyone have any >idea when the pre-filled reservoirs will be
out? > > Sandra Winkworth wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible by >your
tax deductible contributions. >Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just
$1 or $2 per month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to
serve you and the rest >of the diabetes community. Please visit: >
>http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your annual contribution
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >Carla, > >I was having
the same problem with my daughters set. It's was very >frustrating. I was
re-priming 2 times a day! This is what was suggested >to me and it has
helped enormously. It's a bit more work....but well >worth it. >
>Mini-med suggested taking some air OUT OF the vial of insulin BEFORE you
>fill the pump reservoir . This is how its done. Take the vial of
>insulin. Take an empty syringe (or an empty pump >cartridge/reservoir).
Push the plunger DOWN (towards the floor). >Insert into the insulin vial.
Pull the plunger UP (towards the >ceiling). Take the syringe out while
the plunger is still pulled >UP. Repeat this step. With a syringe you
have to repeat it quite a >few times. If your using an empty pump
reservoir it's only needed to be >done two or three times. Then, go about
filling the reservoir your >normal way. If you did this correctly, you
will feel the "pressure" >when filling the reservoir with the insulin. I
very rarely run into >large air bubbles anymore. It's kind of confusing
to put in writing so >any questions, e-mail me!! > > >From: "Carla Logan"
bubbles >Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:38:13 -0500 >(Central Daylight Time) >
>Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax >deductible contributions.
>Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 >or $2 per month is
>needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve >you and the rest
>of the diabetes community. Please visit: > >
>http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your annual contribution
>will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >My son has been on the
>animas pump for about 2 months now and all of sudden >we are having
>problems with a succession of small/mid size bubbles in about >an inch
of >the tubing a couple of times in a 24 hour period. Does anyone >have
any >idea why this could be happening? I have spoken with Animas and
>they >feel I am following the correct procedure for loading the
cartridge and > >priming the pump. I also make sure to prime the pump
whenever we >disconnect >for sports or bathtime. I am at a loss for why
this is >happening all of a >sudden but the bubbles seem to make a
difference for >us because my son is on >small dosages of insulin. >
>And, if anyone >could help me understand why sometimes the priming of
the >tubing, when >you change a site, takes so long...sometimes it takes
forever for >the >insulin to start coming out. Is there a problem when
this happens or is > >it normal? Thanks, Carla > > [demime 0.98e removed
an attachment of type >image/gif which had a name of >IMSTP.gif] > >
[demime 0.98e removed an >attachment of type Image/gif which had a name
of > >Cream_stripes_cream_border2.gif] >