Re: [IPp] fixed prime

A fixed prime for us, using the Minimed Paradigm, is when we do a site
 change, we have to do a manual prime to fill the tubing with insulin until it
to drop out the end. Then a fixed prime is done of 0.7 to fill the cannula
under the skin with insulin to get us ready for a bolus and the basals for the
day.  The amount of a fixed prime varies I believe from pump to pump and also
depending on what type of infusion set you use. We use Silhouettes.
Sarah :)