From: "Sandra Winkworth" <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] re: Novolog switch
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:32:35 -0400

My endo's first response was "it won't make a difference".
Well........it made a HUGE difference.  I get 4 days plus out of her site
now, and I'm not seeing the sky high numbers as much.  With Humalog I was
changing the site every 2 days (sometimes less) and her numbers were high
on me a lot.

It was a great change.  I would recommend anyone to try it.  You've got
nothing to lose.

 >From: Shelly Van Dyke >Reply-To: email @ redacted
 >To: POP List >Subject: [IPp] re: Novolog switch >Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003
19:02:04 -0700 (PDT) > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax
deductible contributions. >Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1
or $2 per month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve
you and the rest >of the diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >from Nancy: <<>several
people from this list. ... All his numbers since have been in range and
 >I haven't had to do another site change! This is what I thought pumping
would >be like!>>>> > >Nancy - congratulations! We had the same
experience with our switch from >Humalog to Novolog - it made a huge
difference in the # of days that a site >lasted, and in the #'s on those
days. I too have gotten much more rest since >then. It's not for everyone
but for anyone having problems on Humalog, I would >definitely push the
endo to try Novalog. Ours didn't believe that was the >problem but
fortunately was willing to support us in trying. > >Hope the happy
pumping continues! >Shelly V, mom to Luke, 8, dx'd 10/15/99, pumping 3/01