[IPp] celiac

My son was recently diagnosed with celiac disease.  He is 7 years old and
was dx with diabetes a year ago.  I had him tested because he exhibited the
symptoms of: swollen belly, nausea after eating, diarrhea after eating, foul
smelling stools that float in the potty, and had not gained weight in about
6 months.  We have been on the diet for about 3 weeks now and he is feeling
remarkably better already.

I have heard that people with celiac can go through a "honeymoon" type of
stage while in their teens where their symptoms don't show and they gain
weight normally.  The only way to dx is with the entire celiac blood test
panel and the ultimate is a small intestine biopsy to look at the villi and
see if they are damaged from being exposed to gluten.

Hope this helps somewhat.

 [demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type Image/gif which had a name of