Re: [IPp] Re: getting basals set correctly

I agree the Pumping Insulin book was great.  It was my diabetes/pumping
bible.  I took it everywhere I went.  My problem with the basal rate
changes was our endo didn't agree with the 3-6 hour change PRIOR to when
you saw the problem.   She felt you should just make the change 1 hour
earlier.   Well.........I heard everyone went by this book and I figured
the author of the book was a pump user himself......so I tended to go by
him.      Where my daughters endo goes only 10% of the kids are on the
pump, so it's relatively new to them.

>From: Kress Family >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To: email @ redacted >CC: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IPp] Re: getting basals set correctly >Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003
10:26:15 -0500 > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible
>contributions. >Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per
month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and
the >rest >of the diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP >mail > >snip>>I'm just looking
forward to knowing enough about this pumping >stuff to take >over a
little more, without having to contact the doctor every 48 >hours for
>corrections in her basals. >Cassi ~ >Mom to Caitlin (9 - dx'd type 1
IDDM 4/25/03), Dio (almost 12) and >Megan >(18)<< > >Hi Cassi, > >Glad to
hear things are going well with your new pumping experience! >You might
want to purchase the book by John Walsh called "Pumping >Insulin." This
book has an "how-to" chapter on setting basals. >Everything you need to
know to get it right. > >Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping