[IPp] Another hard lesson learned

As you all must know parts of the US was hit with a black out. For the most
part Thursday was fun for us. We stayed outside because it was just to hot in
the house. I spent good quality time with my family. Here is where the fun
 ended, at around 1am checked Justin blood sugars, he was a little high 247, and
noticed he was a little warm. I took his temp, he had a fever. I was a little
scared to give a full correction because he had been so active that day so, I
only gave half of the bolas. I rechecked him at 4am and he was 197 so I went
back to bed. OK, at 8am his blood sugars 378, WOW, I gave a correction. Then I
changed his site, he was do for a new one, and changed his basal to sick day.
9:45am he said he was hungry I checked B/S he was 247, still high but I feed
 him anyway. he had Apple Jacks and milk. 2 hours later I noticed Justin was not
himself. I checked B/S he was 315, thinking he was just sick I corrected, and
raised basal again. I recheck in an hour later,  he is now 459. OK, now I am
flipping out because I am thinking I cannot handle B/S this time. I call Endo
because I am not sure how much insulin to give because I have already given so
much. She tells me to give him a 1u shot, and take Justin to DR. Call DR and
1 am given a 3pm appointment. One hour after shot I recheck him meter now is
 HELLO! YEA! I recall Endo, Now I am told to give 3u of NovoLog and 1u of R, and
change site using a fresh vial of insulin, HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO STUPID.
By the time I take Justin to DR his # had gone down some, but he has very
large Ketones, But we managed to stay out of hospital, and he is fine today.

Gina, Mom of Justin, 3 years old,Pumping Cozmo