[IPp] Hi to Maeve..

In a message dated 8/13/2003 5:02:33 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Cliona Murphy <email @ redacted>
> My daughter Maeve (8 years old) was diagnosed with Diabetes four months ago.
> She is anxious to go on the pump.We are wondering which pump would be best
> for her. We have read the literature and been on the web sites but would
> appreciate any tips.

Hi Maeve!  :)  I reccommend the Deltec Cozmo, if your insurance will cover it
of course.   My daughter is 12 and just started on this pump and her Dr. says
this is the best pump for kids because it is simple to use and has alarms to
remind you to check your blood sugar, when your cartridge is low, batteries
 are low, that you didn't bolus between a certain time...etc....She says its
light, forgets that she is even wearing it.
  Good luck in your findings.

Cheryl, mom to Stephanies pumping since 8/11/03
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
lies with in us."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson