[IPp] Re: Causes for high blood sugars

Hi Nancy,
       Michael has given you some very good advice.  My daughter also can
have high blood sugars for no apparent reason.  However, these events got MUCH
better when we switched from using Humalog to Novalog.  Now they don't happen
near as often, usually only when a site is iffy for daytime numbers.   Novalog
is also much better in high temperatures than Humalog.
        However, overnights have always been difficult for us.  Recently I
have discovered that her overnight numbers are much better if she doesn't eat
 anything at all before bed. This is hard, all those years of forcing a bedtime
snack--she always wants to eat before bed.  Right now as I'm typing this she
 has come and begged for a bowl of ice cream and its 11 pm!! Said she hates me,
when I said no.  So these are just a couple of other suggestions you might
consider.   Sometimes it does seem for us that it is impossible to figure out
 the reasons for things. I just do the best I can and try to help Claire have a
normal childhood.

Barbara, mum of Claire 9--used Humalog one year in pump, Novalog now in use
for 17 months.