Re: [IPp] Causes for high blood sugars

We change the insulin (throw out old and fill new) everytime we change
my daughter Rachel's site.
If you want to save insulin - just don't fill it as full.  You'll learn
some things you find reasons for, but
some - you may not... Everyday may be different - life with diabetes!
 As for the 300's - at specific
intervals, I would try charting - and if you have highs at certain times
(let's say after breakfast) -
then try raising the basal from 9 am to noon by .1 (if your son is on .4
basal for example -
try .5 for 3 days during those hours and write it down.  If it happens
moreso after a meal - try changing
your dividing factor for carbs by a smaller # (if he normally gets 1
unit of insulin for 20 gr carbs -
try dividing by 18  or 15 - which would be a slight bit more insulin.)
 Usually you're supposed to work
with your dr on these rates, but sometimes you don't have opportunity to
be in contact one on one.
I still think we know more anyway (but that's my personal opinion! - her
diabetes is my challenge for now!)
Good luck!
Mom to Rachel 11, dx diabetes 9/93, celiac 1/02, pumping 8/02