Re: [IPp] Problem with Emla Cream

I ran out a Emla cream a while ago, and have not looked into how to get more.
The first couple of times I inserted into my 3 year old son Justin without
 Emla he screamed out in excruciating pain. It would just rip my heart out. Then
I stared using ice, which the cold makes him scream too so I really don't know
which is worse, but the site would always get too wet, and set would not
 stick well. I tried putting the ice in a Playtex baby bottle liner, but it
take to long to numb the site. What I am doing now that seems to work really
well is, I place the ice on a a different location. As soon as I place the ice
on him, his thoughts are so into me taking the ice off of him, he doesn't even
realize that I have inserted the set. I take the ice off, and it is all done.
Hope this helps.

Gina, Mom of Justin, 3 years old, Pumping with Cozmo