Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 01:17:45 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
From: "Rusty & Cassi Hannon" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IPp] Introduction

Hello all -

I joined this list about a month ago but haven't had much of an
to introduce myself.  My daughter, Caitlin, was diagnosed 3 months ago
as you all know, it has been a very busy three months.  I have been able
read the posts here and on the IP site and they have been a tremendous
source of support and information.

Caitlin just got home from camp today.  She had so much fun.  Funny, but
would have never sent her to camp at 9 years old if not for di! abetes.
the baby of the family and very over-protected.  We live in a very small
town and once she was diagnosed we wanted to do everything possible to
her know she is not alone in this and there are other kids out there that
understand.  She's met a few other kids online and that helps.  Now she
several friends with diabetes that she's met IRL and can keep in touch
until next summer.

Caitlin will be starting the pump either the end of this week or the
beginning of next week, so I'm sure I'll be posting a lot, especially in
next couple of months.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and making some friends that
understand too!

Cassi ~
Mom to Caitlin (9 - dx'd type 1 IDDM 4/25/03), Dio (almost 12) and Megan