[IPp] re: does anyone use something different from IV prep pads?

Denise, we like the BARD wipes to prep Luke's sites.  They've really cut down
the amount of irritation that develops from the adhesive tape on the Silhouette
sets.  We've not noticed any change in how long the set stays in - Luke gets
3-4 days out of most sites, even with swimming every day at Grandma's lately.

We've tried IV3000 and Tegaderm tapes briefly but didn't get any significant
advantage from them (and that could easily be just because of Luke's skin -
he's sensitive to adhesives).  We've ended up with a clean site + BARD as the
best prep on Luke's skin.  The Insulin-Pumper's site FAQ's has a good section
on tape & site prep:  http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/howto/tapefaq/toc.htm

Hope that helps,
Shelly V, mom to Luke, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01 - MM508/Novalog/Silhouettes

Do you Yahoo!?