[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #179

In a message dated 8/31/2002 8:53:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Does
> anyone ever have any problems with going >low after bolusing correctly
> for icecream? Real icecream. He's gone >low on two other occassions from
> icecream, but I thought maybe he >hadn't finished it or something.

Dear Barbara, We have problems bolusing for about anything close to bedtime.
Jake will have seizures too when asleep. We have not had one in a long time
since we quit eating or bolusing for anything w/in 3 hours of sleep. The only
time Jake eats anything w/in 3 hours of bedtime is if he is 100 or less and
then it is strictly something with 12-15 grams of carb.(yoo-hoo lites,natural
applesauce cups, graham crackers, a cup of milk, etc.) All of these bring him
up about 50 points w/out sending him really high to sleep. It is a pain not
being able to eat at night when you want, but it is sure helping me to sleep
better. Jake could not talk for 10 hours after a seizure one time and we
thought he had brain damage. For years after, I checked him every 2-3 hours,
which stopped the seizures, but about made me crazy! Not letting him eat
close to bedtime is a pain, but worth it.  It helpsme not have to check him
but once during the night, unless he is a little high and I have to bolus him
then I check in 2 hours. Hope this helps, Trena (mom to Jake 11)