Re: [IPp] Highs after eating

> My kindergarden son has been getting high about 1 hr. after eating.
> He is using a paridign pump , pumping novolog. Three hours later
> he's back to the low 100's is there anyway to get him lower quicker
> but not make him low later?

With a small child and a big meal, digestion is not by "batch" but
rather at the capacity of his system. This can slow things down more
than you might expect. If you take insulin earlier, it is absorbed
earlier. Some people bolus some percentage (for example half) 10 - 15
minutes early, and the rest as or after they eat.