Re: [IPp] (POP-Liz)

Yahooooo Sherry!

email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted,
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] (POP-Liz) >Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:05:17 EDT > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by
contributions from forum >members and supporters in industry. Your tax
deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is needed so that
Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you and diabetes community. Please
visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >Cindy, >Just
wanted to drop you a note to say thanks for the info about Noah's 504 (
>and to all those others who posted and mailed school info.!) a few weeks
ago. > I have arranged Liz's Individual Health Plan with her school and
all seems >fine at this point--we have 3 people trained with glucagon,
and in class or >wherever, whenever testing and bolusing (including bus).
Had it all set and >signed with district head of school nurses, our
school nurse, clinic >assistant, our endo and cde, and then the assistant
principal balked at the >in-class testing---spent 45 minutes on phone
with her and she agreed to a two >week trial--I said fine-I got what we
need for now and it may take care of >itself in two weeks--if it doesn't,
I'll just go the official 504 route and >deliver the "whole ton of bricks
" to her! I've been printing documentation >from IP, ADA, etc. all
summer. We included much detail in her health plan, >but didn't address
the academic issue of lows and highs with standardized >tests,etc. and I
know we will eventually have to do that--but so far the >teachers have
worked with us very well. >Thanks again Cindy and all you other POPers,