Re: [IPp] I need some help!

> Dear fellow parents,
> I have read all the posts about parents fighting for their kids
> rights, and I thought my situation was going so well....until this
> week.  I had asked our principal if Jeffrey could test in the
> classroom since I and his teacher were worried about him missing
> sooo much class time walking back and forth to the nurse.  Now let
> me say that we have the BEST nurse, she truely loves our son and
> takes the best care of him, as does his teacher.  But our poor nurse
> is streched out between k-5-4th grade, 800 students, and she is
> stressed to the limit.  (which we think is a lawsuit waiting to
> happen)  Long story short, our principal told me this week that it
> was against the law to let Jeffrey test in the classroom because it
> was considered an invasive procedure.

He's blowing smoke. The only law that could be remotely related would
be OSHA regulations on blood bourne pathogens and it has some
specific exclusions that cover waste such as test strips, tampons,
etc.... Your son must hang on to the sharps (lancettes) and bring
them home, but that is not a big deal.

I suggest you inform him that he is violating your son's rights under
Section 504 of the federal codes and that Jeffery will be testing in
the classroom, the easy way or the hard way, his choice with his
school potentially losing all federal funding. Load your cannons!