[IPp] (POP-Liz)

Just wanted to drop you a note to say thanks for the info about Noah's 504 (
and to all those others who posted and mailed school info.!) a few weeks ago.
 I have arranged  Liz's Individual Health Plan with her school and all seems
fine at this point--we have 3 people trained with glucagon, and in class or
wherever, whenever testing and bolusing (including bus).  Had it all set and
signed with district head of school nurses,  our school nurse, clinic
assistant, our endo and cde, and then the assistant principal balked at the
in-class testing---spent 45 minutes on phone with her and she agreed to a two
week trial--I said fine-I got what we need for now and it may take care of
itself in two weeks--if it doesn't, I'll just go the official 504 route and
deliver the "whole ton of bricks " to her! I've been printing documentation
from IP, ADA, etc. all summer.   We included much detail in her health plan,
but didn't address the academic issue of lows and highs with standardized
tests,etc. and I know we will eventually have to do that--but so far the
teachers have worked with us very well.
Thanks again Cindy and all you other POPers,
Sherry, mom to Liz, dx 3/01, ppMM508-5/02