Same goes for our school, only the nurse has the Glucagon. When out at recess
or in the fields for gym, the teacher has a juice box with them along with a
walkie talkie. I am actually fine with this, it takes about 60 seconds for
the nurse to run out to the field and with all of the reading I have done, it
has said that if a child is to require a Glucagon injection it will be due to
illness or a low blood sugar that often happens at night while sleeping. I
know that there have been cases when children have needed it during the day,
but I feel confident that Matthew is safe at school and our school will have
a faculty meeting once a month to discuss Matthew and remind the staff on how
to handle emergency situations. Our school is not very big at all either
which helps too. I will worry more when he is more independant and in a
bigger school such as middle school.
Sarah :)