RE: [IPp] NORTH CAROLINA PASSES SCHOOL LEGISLATION

Dear Allison,

But if they carry it on them, someone can grab it out and administer it
without running to the nurse.  But a lot of people would need to be
trained in its use.  That is a tricky one.

I loved your idea about having the endo write that letter in advance
about changes, and the parent making those decisions.

(1)non diab.>From: "Allison Kane" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: >Subject: RE: [IPp] NORTH
CAROLINA PASSES SCHOOL LEGISLATION >Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 22:55:17 -0600
> >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum >members
and supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or
$2.00 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve
you and diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >That's great that the
diabetic student will have access to glucagon at all >times. However,
when they are unconcious or seizing having access won't do >them any
good, since they can't give it to themselves. > >The legislation should
have been for the schools to have one or more adults >on duty at all
times that are trained to administer glucagon to a diabetic >student in
an emergency. > >-- >Allison >Mom to Tarek, age 10, IDDM, dx 11-16-1998
>Pumping DTron since 1-12-2001 >Novolog since 5-24-02 >Using FreeStyle
meter >Denver, Colorado > > > > > NORTH CAROLINA PASSES SCHOOL
LEGISLATION > > > - Students have access to glucagon at all times.