Re: [IPp] Problems with icecream and Lows???????????????

Dear Barbara,

I am so sorry, my heart goes out to you.  I know, when I am unsure about
a food, I always give less insulin and then just keep rechecking Jess to
make sure she isn't too high.  I've never had a problem with ice cream,
but we don't eat it that much.  She likes the frozen pop ices, and
bolusing for them is always right on the money.

email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted,
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Problems with
icecream and Lows??????????????? >Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:30:39 EDT >
>Insulin Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum >members
and supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or
$2.00 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve
you and diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >Well it happened again!
Zachary had a seizure 40 minutes ago. He was >sleeping and woke and sat
up and then started seizing and fell out of bed. >Hit a sharp corner on a
shelf (that just the other day he'd placed next to >his >bed as a
nightstand but turned it to go length of bed) and put about a >12"
scratch down his back. Bit his tongue again. > >Here's the question. Does
anyone ever have any problems with going >low after bolusing correctly
for icecream? Real icecream. He's gone >low on two other occassions from
icecream, but I thought maybe he >hadn't finished it or something. Now
I'm starting to think that the >normal >snack bolus we use is wrong for
icecream. Any ideas????????? > >Didn't want to go to bed early tonight
anyway...................guess I'll be >up checking blood sugars for a
while. Did Glucagon. Then he finally >woke up, but was nonresponsive and
twitchy. Tried to get him to sip >soda, but wouldn't. Hubby woke up and
he freaks!!!! Gave in to >calm hubby and broke open a tube of glucogel.
First time we'd tried >that. Zach obviously doesn't like it as he kept
trying to spit it back out >or just keep the whole tube in his mouth
without swallowing or letting it >dissolve. > >Sincerely, > >Barbara A.
Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (12), Dx 2/93, 508 2/02. >Jennifer (20),
Allison (17), Rachel (6) >Fenton, MO >email @ redacted >Independent
Kitchen Consultant for The Pampered Chef.