Dear Carol,

I agree with you, however, I have the same issue at my school.  Nurse is
the only one who can use it.  When the kids are outside at PE and recess,
the person in charge has a walkie talkie directly linked to the nurses
office.  This deffinitely should be something that gets changed in the
law.  Ask your school if they too, have a walkie talkie, or if someone
has to run in, get the nurse, then have her come out.  You are right, it
is critical time spent running around.

(1)non diab.>From: "Carol Mulligan" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: >Subject: Re: [IPp] NORTH
CAROLINA PASSES SCHOOL LEGISLATION >Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 06:01:28 -0700
> >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum >members
and supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or
$2.00 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve
you and diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > > > NORTH CAROLINA PASSES
SCHOOL LEGISLATION > > > - Students have access to glucagon at all times.
> >Just curious about what you all think. Do you think "access to
glucagon" >means "locked up in the Health Office? >Right now I've got a
problem at my son't school with this. His PE teacher >is "uncomfortable"
with having to give a shot in an emergency. Plus, the >glucogon has to be
"locked up". What about when they're out on the field? >How long is it
going to take to get the Health Assistant there to give him a >shot vs
having the PE teacher take it out there every day? Is the time lost >in
getting it to him going to be damaging? Should I keep insisting the PE