Re: [IPp] IEP Meeting

Dear Sarah,

YIPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!  Way to go Mom!!!!!  I am so proud of you!!!

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] IEP Meeting >Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 19:34:53 EDT > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by
contributions from forum >members and supporters in industry. Your tax
deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is needed so that
Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you and diabetes community. Please
visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >Hi everyone,
> >I wanted to let ya know that yesterday I had the IEP meeting at my
sons >school. All went really really well. I went in there very prepared
with a >folder of notes that I had gathered and with the help of The
State of CT >Parent and Advocacy. My guns were loaded, but were not
needed to "fire". >Thankfully. They agreed to everything that I wanted. I
am very impressed >with Matthew's teacher, she has taken a real interest
in Matthews Diabetes >and she invited me to speak to the class next week.
I am very excited and >optimistic that this will be a great year. She
already sent home a note with >Matthew saying how great he doing and how
proud she is of him. I really >really like her! The school nurse is
great, she always has been. My problem >was the principal, but I went in
to the meeting with my head held high and I >explained to them all that
for the sake of Matthew and his health it is >important that we remember
we are all on the same team and our goal is to >keep Matthew safe and
healthy at school. I really believe that he will be >too. What a
difference from last year. I actually don't feel stressed or >worried
when I drop him off to school. >Thanks to everyone for your support and
good wishes and amazing advice. I am >forever grateful! :) Oh, and
Matthew thanks you too!!! > > Sarah :) Mom to Matthew ( almost 6 ) MM
Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99 >and Victoria ( 7 ) Non-D...Love My