[IPp] Please help, school policy

In my school district another mother was told today that she could not
direct the insulin dosage for her child.  He was given a  correction for
an adrenalin rush ( first day of school) instead of half the dose the
mom had wanted.  When he got off the bus today he was 60.  If the doctor
writes that the parents can direct the dose, can the nurse not follow
this?  Are there any laws for Illinois?  She was told that it is
district policy.   My son is also in the district, but  I did not get
this point clarified in my 504.  Please advise.  Thank You.