[IPp] IEP Meeting

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let ya know that yesterday I had the IEP meeting at my sons
school. All went really really well. I went in there very prepared with a
folder of notes that I had gathered and with the help of The State of CT
Parent and Advocacy.  My guns were loaded, but were not needed to "fire".
Thankfully.  They agreed to everything that I wanted.  I am very impressed
with Matthew's teacher, she has taken a real interest in Matthews Diabetes
and she invited me to speak to the class next week. I am very excited and
optimistic that this will be a great year. She already sent home a note with
Matthew saying how great he doing and how proud she is of him.  I really
really like her!  The school nurse is great, she always has been. My problem
was the principal, but I went in to the meeting with my head held high and I
explained to them all that for the sake of Matthew and his health it is
important that we remember we are all on the same team and our goal is to
keep Matthew safe and healthy at school. I really believe that he will be
too.  What a difference from last year. I actually don't feel stressed or
worried when I drop him off to school.
Thanks to everyone for your support and good wishes and amazing advice. I am
forever grateful!  :)  Oh, and Matthew thanks you too!!!

 Sarah  :)  Mom to Matthew ( almost 6 ) MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99
and Victoria ( 7 ) Non-D...Love My kids!