Re: [IPp] Re: THE 504 meeting! Yeah!

Dear Cindy,

Thank you so very much.  I am finally feeling rested (after 2 days of
recovery from all of this).  I didn't realize how much it took out of me
until it was over.  I finally feel like I can get back to normal life
(I'll be it still insane with the little ones, but a lot less
stressful).  I have a quilt to finish for a cousin of mine who just had a
child, I can concentrate on getting Jessy's room together, (she is
getting all new furniture next week, ala my grandmother who is cleaning
out her house), and I will be able to catch up on laundry
now.....lol......if that can ever truly be done.  I am relieved, and very
satisfied.  Thank you for your support.

(1)non diab.>From: Kress Family >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Re: THE 504
meeting! Yeah! >Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:08:17 -0500 > >Insulin Pumpers
is made possible by contributions from forum members >and supporters in
industry. Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is
needed so that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you and diabetes
community. Please visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
> >Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP >mail
> >Hi Cindy, > >So glad to hear things worked out for you and Jessy...and
so they >should. Too bad you had the unnecessary hassle the school gave
you. >You can now relax knowing that the fight was worth it to get what
>Jessy rightfully deserves for optimum care while at school but
>also...importantly...paved the way for others who will follow in >your
footsteps! The school personnel are probably a little more >enlightened
about Type 1 diabetes, too..at least we can hope! I >don't think they
intend to be mean or difficult...some schools just >don't get it.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if the ADA came up with a >standard that public
schools nationwide had to adhere to for Type 1 >diabetic care. That would
alleviate soooooo many problems for so >many families. > >On another note
about glucagon injections that someone had asked >about, our school keeps
the kit in the nurse's office. She is a >traveling nurse, so in her
absence the principal is designated to >give the injection. On field
trips/sporting events, the coaches >keep it with them and will use it if
necessary. > >Kudos to you, Cindy!! > >Cindy, mom to 15 y/o Noah