Re: [IPp] Glucogon

Dear Carol,

I feel for you.  I am trying to get Jessy's 504 signed with the fact that
she can carry her glucagon in her DIAPAK (her pack where, hopefully, she
will carry all of her supplies everywhere with her.  Our meeting is in
the morning, so I will let you know how it goes.  Wish me lots and lots
of luck, I am a nervous wreck!

(1)non diab.>From: "Carol Mulligan" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: >Subject: [IPp] Glucogon
>Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:33:23 -0700 > >Insulin Pumpers is made
possible by contributions from forum >members and supporters in industry.
Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is needed so
that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you and diabetes community.
Please visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your
annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >I
wrote in my son's school plan that the PE teacher would be trained in
>Glucogon Injections and have one "just in case". The doctor signed it
and the >school took it - no questions asked. After the CDE and I talked
to the PE >teacher and showed him how to use it, he went to the Health
Assistant and >acted uncertain. She took it and told him he can't have
it. Then, she called >me and told me he can't have it (she has to give
it) and it needs to be kept >in the health office. I called District
Health Office and was told - it's not >so much that he can't have it or
use it, but it has to be kept locked up. And >they think it would be kept
locked in a drawer in his office, not taken out to >the fields, so what's
the point, the health assistant would get there to my >son just as fast?
Well, I think he should take the Glucogon and quick sugar >out everytime
they leave the building to go out on the field. What if he >passed out?
Don't you think it would be better if the PE teacher could give >it
immediately rather than wait till the health assistant gets there? What
>have you all done or think I should do? Should I fight this, or just
tell the >school/PE teacher that I'll hold them liable if medical
attention is delayed? > >Never have needed to use the Glucogon (knock on
wood) but would want it to be >there just in case! > >Carol