[IPp] Glucogon

I wrote in my son's school plan that the PE teacher would be trained in
Glucogon Injections and have one "just in case". The doctor signed it and the
school took it - no questions asked.  After the CDE and I talked to the PE
teacher and showed him how to use it, he went to the Health Assistant and
acted uncertain.  She took it and told him he can't have it.  Then, she called
me and told me he can't have it (she has to give it) and it needs to be kept
in the health office.  I called District Health Office and was told - it's not
so much that he can't have it or use it, but it has to be kept locked up.  And
they think it would be kept locked in a drawer in his office, not taken out to
the fields, so what's the point, the health assistant would get there to my
son just as fast?  Well, I think he should take the Glucogon and quick sugar
out everytime they leave the building to go out on the field.  What if he
passed out?  Don't you think it would be better if the PE teacher could give
it immediately rather than wait till the health assistant gets there?  What
have you all done or think I should do?  Should I fight this, or just tell the
school/PE teacher that I'll hold them liable if medical attention is delayed?

Never have needed to use the Glucogon (knock on wood) but would want it to be
there just in case!