Re: [IPp] Another Generic Pump Question

In a message dated 8/23/2002 12:31:00 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> Last night we were told that two infusion sets, the Ultraflex and the set
> that uses the automatic insertion device (Minimed's Paradigm set) have had
> an appreciable number of problems with the cannula's becoming crimped

My daughter Lauren, who is 12 and thin, has only been pumping since the 8th
of this month.  Our CDE felt that the Ultraflex was the only set that was
short enough for her, and consequently the only one we've tried.  So far, no
problems.  In fact, I think we may have had the easiest pump start in
history!  The inserter needle is incredibly flimsy, I wonder if the problems
you heard of come from that getting bent?  We don't use emla or anything, I
have been really impressed, but have no other experience to share with you.
Carol, mom to Lauren