[IPp] re: infusion sets

RE: Your question on which infusion sets & crimping with an insertion device -

Luke has been pumping for 1.5 years, has always used an insertion device on 3
types of Mini-Med sets:  SofSets, QuickSets and now Silhouettes.  I've inserted
exactly 2 sets manually during that time - neither one did well.  We've never
had any crimping due to the inserter.   We have had significant problems with
crimped/bent cannulas from Luke's lean little muscles grabbing the 90degree
angle sets and bending the heck out of them (4 bends in a 6mm cannula),
especially in his belly.  We now exclusively use the angled set (Silhouette)
but the inserter seems much easier to get Luke to work with the set because
insertion is over really quickly and he pushes the button - which is easier
than pushing that long needle all the way in for all of us.

Hope that gives you some background,
Shelly V, mom to Luke, 7, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01 MM508

Do You Yahoo!?