Re: [IPp] Another Generic Pump Question

Dear David,

We use the MM 9mm Quickset.  We have had an occasional bend in it, but
that has always been caused by Jessy being careless.  Other than that, no

(1)non diab.>From: "Carol Mulligan" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: >Subject: Re: [IPp] Another
Generic Pump Question >Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:52:35 -0700 > > > Good
afternoon, all. > > > > Just wanted to throw out another of my generic
pump questions for >everyone's > > feedback. > > > > Last night we were
told that two infusion sets, the Ultraflex and the set > > that uses the
automatic insertion device (Minimed's Paradigm set) have had > > an
appreciable number of problems with the cannula's becoming crimped > >
(causing insulin non-delivery) and the sites having to be re-done because
>of > > this - Feedback??? Any other infusion set related issues that
you've > > experienced?? > > > > Thanks, as always. > > > > David > > > >
**Leah's dad > > Pre-Pump family > >David, > >My son has very little body
fat so we use the Comforts (Animas). They are >like the Sils (MM) with a
longer needle that goes in at a 30 degree angle. >They work great! When
my son first got the pump he had trouble with the >sites not staying in,
but I think it was just his body gettting used to it. >Now, all he does
is insert and they stay in. Sometimes he uses Skin Bond to >keep it in if
the tape starts coming undone. When is your pump start? Good >Luck! >