Re: [IPp] re: Pump company support

In a message dated 08/23/02 10:39:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Anyway as a mom of a pumper and child with diabetes when my son was
> diagnosed
> in 1986 there were no support groups. I am interested in starting a support
> group in the Hartford,CT area and the New Haven, CT area for both pump
> users/parents and potential pump users. Anyone interested please contact me
> here at this email address.

I live in Middlebury, CT and we USED to have a support group in Waterbury but
we have not met in about 1 1/2 years.  The organizer had some problems and
the group never met again.  I do have a list of people who did attend, not
sure of how many would still be interested.  My daughters, Kayla & Kelsey,
have been on the H-Tron plus for almost 3 years and when I suggested that
maybe they would want to get another pump they flatly said no.  Let me know
where you were thinking of having meetings and I try to help you anyway that
I can.

Eileen Clarke
Mom of Peter, 20
Kayla & Kelsey 8, Dx'd with Type 1 Diabetes @ 14 months, pumping since 11-99