Re: [IPp] Another Generic Pump Question

In a message dated 8/23/2002 11:30:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> and the set
> that uses the automatic insertion device (Minimed's Paradigm set)

I believe you mean the Silouettes.  We use them (but don't have a Paradigm,
we have the MM508), and we *LOVE* them.  A couple of times, (when it's time
to do the site change), I've noticed crimping, but that's because it's been
there the full 72 hours.

As my technique has gotten better (we've only been pumping three weeks), I
have not noticed this to be a problem.

The issue to ask is how much body fat does your child have?  If they don't
have much (younger kids and leaner kids), Silouettes, Comforts, Tenders tend
to work well.  For children with a bit more body fat to work with, the
shorter sets seems to work well.

Marie  :)
Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98
Dx'd 3/01