From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Carol
Mulligan
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 1:53 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] Another Generic Pump Question

> Good afternoon, all.
>
> Just wanted to throw out another of my generic pump questions for
everyone's
> feedback.
>
> Last night we were told that two infusion sets, the Ultraflex and the set
> that uses the automatic insertion device (Minimed's Paradigm set) have had
> an appreciable number of problems with the cannula's becoming crimped
> (causing insulin non-delivery) and the sites having to be re-done because
of
> this - Feedback???   Any other infusion set related issues that you've
> experienced??
>
> Thanks, as always.
>
> David
>
> **Leah's dad
> Pre-Pump family

David,

My son has very little body fat so we use the Comforts (Animas). They are
like the Sils (MM) with a longer needle that goes in at a 30 degree angle.
They work great!  When my son first got the pump he had trouble with the
sites not staying in, but I think it was just his body gettting used to it.
Now, all he does is insert and they stay in.  Sometimes he uses Skin Bond to
keep it in if the tape starts coming undone.  When is your pump start?  Good
Luck!

Carol