Re: [IPp] Another Plug for Dads....

In a message dated 8/23/02 1:06:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Thanks for the laugh!  The thought of my husband allowing anyone, much less
> our son, to insert a site in him struck me as hysterical.  He cringed the
> first time he saw Devin insert that long Comfort needle.

Carol:
    Needless to say, the dad also cringed when the group suggested it, but in
front of 20 other parents, he couldn't "lose face" and refuse, so when they
got home & suggested it to their daughter, he "had to" comply! LOL...They
also made him check his bgs frequently & calculate his carbs, etc....It truly
was a "win/win" for everyone since the dad no longer felt as if he was
incompetent to assist in his child's care...
Regards
Renee (Melissa's pump mom)