Re: [IPp] re: Pump company support

Hi  all, I am a mom of a 16 year old pumper who has been pumping for 2 years
on a 508 minimed pump who has just switched to a D-tron disetronic pump
because of static electricity and durability issues. I also just started
working as a RN CDE for Disetronic, I go out and train diabetes nurse
educators how to start a pump program and what to teach patients/parents
before they go on the pump and how to manage them after they go on.
Anyway as a mom of a pumper and child with diabetes when my son was diagnosed
in 1986 there were no support groups. I am interested in starting a support
group in the Hartford,CT area and the New Haven, CT area for both pump
users/parents and potential pump users. Anyone interested please contact me
here at this email address. Anyone have an idea if this should be during the
day or at night. I welcome any feed back you can give me. Email me here or
cell  phone # 612-9652320.
Lil (mom of Jim, diabetes since 1986, pumper for 2 years and loving it)