Re: [IPp] Do family and friend care?

Dear Tammy,

Kudos to you!  My mom is my best friend, always has been.  I have always
respected her as my authority figure, but she has somehow managed to make
sure I stayed her friend at the same time.  I don't know what I would do
without her, as a matter of fact, she just took Jessy for her swimming
lesson.  Can't ask for more than that.  It is so nice to hear that you,
too, are concerned and have learned so much for your grand daughter's
sake.  It really is wonderful, and I do hope your daughter appreciates
all you do.

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] Do family and
friend care? >Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:11:32 EDT > >I believe Beverly is
right. I'm a grandmother and I have my D granddaughter >all the time. I
have always been close to both my grandchildren and we live >in the same
city. The families should learn. Whatever it takes. When Emma >got the
pump a month or so ago, I learned all about it. Of course, her >mother's
been diabetic all her life so I know about D - but I'd be learning >it if
I didn't know. I am amazed at the number of grandparents who are not
>involved. My relationship with my daughter has been rocky at times but I
>maintain the relationship so I can see my grandchildren. Grandparents
have >absolutely no legal rights and I know that. It shouldn't be that
way but it >is. >Tammy, Mom to Joely (dx'd 1970); g-ma to Emma,
homeschooled, (dx'd 9-15-01) >Animas pumpers 7-18-02, g-ma to Nick non-d
& homeschooled, mom to Troy >(non-d)) 16 yo > > In a message dated
8/22/02 5:50:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time, >email @ redacted writes: > > >
> > > In a message dated 8/22/02 3:50:48 PM Central Daylight Time, > >
email @ redacted writes: > > > > > > > > > > Is it that they
don't care? I doubt it. I think it's more that they are > > > afraid of
the overwhelming responsibility, because they know what CAN > > > happen
> > > while our child is in their care. This is an intimidating disease
to > > those > > > people that get 8 hours of sleep a night. > > > > > >
> Just my opinion...but if you really care about someone you learn to
take > > care > > of them if that is what it takes to have a good
relationship....knowledge > > is > > power....learn about what you fear
and watch that fear abate... > > Beverly > > -*******---******* > >
Beverly, Mom to Mary, NINE!!, dx'd 9/97, pumping with Animas and Nick,
who > > is > > now ten!