Re: [IPp] Another Plug for Dads....

Dear Eileen,

I know what you mean about the hubby.  If I HAVE to leave Jess with him
(which, believe me, is once in a blue moon) I have to write everything
down step by step.....what he needs to do, how much to bolus for how many
carbs (he can count carbs, thank God) what to do in an emergency, etc.,
etc., etc.  His excuse is that he is tired.  He has a very physically
hard job.  He works in this God forsaken heat, and is totally whopped at
the end of the day.  I can sympathize, but, I feel that when he does have
2 days off, he should give me a break for one of them.  I am foolish to
expect that though.

We live near Sea Isle City.  I am not sure where Ocean Grove is.  My mom
lives about a half hour away from me.  During the school year she is tied
up with school, and may take them on 3 day weekends for one day.  Both of
my parents love to take the girls on day trips....museums, fairs, etc.
It is wonderful.  I'll let her know that you would like to be
adopted.....lol.....she'll love it!

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] Another Plug
for Dads.... >Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:07:43 EDT > >Cindy, >As I read
your E-mail I thought boy I could adopt her! Then I read that if I >move
to NJ that could be arranged, where in NJ do you live? We spend 1 week
>at Ocean Grove this year and loved it. Hubby spent all this summers
there as >a kid and has often spoke above moving. You are truly blessed
to have a Mom >who was willing to learn what she could from you. My
mother things lets just >feed the girls it doesn't have a lot of sugar!
Doesn't want to learn and now >that she's in a nursing home can't. She
should only be there about 1 more >week, rehab, but even then forget it.
We have been dealing with "D" for over >7 years and really can't count on
too many people to watch them for more than >2 hours. Hubby can do the
work but it's easier for him if I do it. Yes, it >would be easier for me
if someone else could come in and take over but there >isn't. Sometimes I
would like a break. Take this AM, he knew I was still >upset so when he
got up at 6:30 he did their blood and then gave them a >correction bolus.
But when he fed them at 9 AM he didn't retest so he didn't >know if they
came down. When I asked him what was their blood he said that >he didn't
feel the need to redo them. Needless to say sites had to be >changed
later because I couldn't get them down. Oh well. Have a great day. >