Re: [IPp] Question about weight gain

> first thing about Amelia's diabetes.  When Amelia was diagnosed, my
> mother-in-law told me, "She will learn to take care of herself soon".
> Needless to say, she doesn't get to go with her often, not that she wants
> to.  Enough Said....sorry so long.
> Cheri, Mom to Amelia, 9, D 1/00 and P 12/00 and Amanda, 15

I can relate!  When Devin was dx a over a year ago, my HUSBAND said the same
thing "He'll learn to do it himself". Well, he's never given a shot, never
helped with glucose testing at night, and frankly I'm not sure he'd know
what to do in an emergency situation.  Judging from past experience, he'd
probably be lost.  My Mother-in-law said a year ago "Oh, I'll have to learn
how to do this".  Well, so far skip, nada, zilch - makes me so mad I could

Carol (on my own with my son)